inTank Media Baskets

First pics of my after the swap 5.5 Long : Photo Intense

brahm

Woops I meant 55 Hey it's nano compared to the ocean right! :) Well anyways onto the photos

Full Tank (AquaScaping inprogress what do you think so far? Any suggestion I need a break from playing Live Rock Rubix Cube)

fulltank.jpg

I call this Xenia Canyon

xeniacanyon.jpg

Carpet Anenome w/procelin Crab (note the clowns hosting with the Torch coral in the full tank shot. lol)

carpet.jpg

FrogSpawn

frogspawn.jpg

Gionopara (boo hiss hiss!)

flowerpot.jpg

Kandy Kane

candycane.jpg

Moon Coral

mooncoral.jpg

Strange Looking Mushrooms (LFS store said these can grow up to 24" can't wait!!)

mushroom.jpg

Oranage and Yellow Zoo's (bought these of a fellow Nano-reef.com member!

oyzoos.jpg

Star Polyps (my first coral)

polyps.jpg

Tuxedo urchin (w/apperal)

urchin.jpg

Nice! I love those strange mushrooms. What type of lights do you have to keep the carpet anenome, is it hard to keep? I'm still pretty new to the reefkeeping hobby myself but know the pains of aquascaping. Looks good, especially the little cave area on the left. Watch out for that xenia growing upwards, you might want to make a high shelf area the xenia isn't going to get to (for light-hungry stuff in the future).

Absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to restart my slime-ridden 50 FOWLR. The only reason that I don't is that the wife keeps buying me completely inappropriate fish. Also, She still refers to my nano as a pet rock.

Awesome looking tank! :)

That strange mushroom is most likely a giant elephant ear mushroom, Amplexidiscus sp., that can grow to be VERY large and possibly eat fish. They do so very slowly, like a venus fly trap, and most fish are smart enough to avoid it, but it has been known to happen. ;)

-Dan

Thanks!

cblack : The lighting currently is 4x96w (36" long) PC's. Don't know if you can tell by the picture but I have a temporary hood (3 2x4's holding the lights in place) I'm planning on replacing 2 of the Pc's with a 250w Metal Halide when my hood arrives. Here is a FAQ on Anenomes from some members of RC. http://members.cox.net/bonsainut/AnemoneFAQ.doc

The carpet is a S. Haddoni it is the second hardiest anenome next to a Bubble Tip.

birdman204 : hehe, sure it a nano I can't keep a tang in it right :P Jk.. I like both boards, but i'm not leaving nano's behind. I still have my 15 gallon, and my 7.

dchisenh : Thanks for the Scientific name I wasn't sure what they were called. I'm going to try to keep them somewhat Isolated my lfs store told me they can eat small fish to.

moga : Thanks I've had them for about 6 months now. They I haven't head them spread to any other rocks yet but they keep getting longer.

AbSoluTc : That is not your urchin! It's its cousin Chewie from el-paso.

• 4 months later...

w0wzers.

You're a crusty mofo, but I must tip my hat to your reefkeeping skills. And your photography skills.

*tips twice*

-me

Thanks! (donnu about the crusty part though I assure you i shower daily regadless of what you may heard).. I haven't seen these photos in a while, the tank looks so diffrent now. I guess i'm due for some new pics.

Brahm - There's a pic in Bornemans book with one of the elephant ear shrooms.....engulfing...and ingesting...a cardinal!

Watch out.....

Yea i've seen that pic, that is a very small cardinal and a large shrooms, those guys are at most 2" across my cardinals are much bigger. Supposedly those shrooms get to be about 1' across as time goes on. ... Once I flat worm exit my 7 galon they are getting moved to my fishless Mushroom tank.

quandary_23

Hey brahm,

The flower pot is looking good still(knock on wood), I just put a clown in my nano last night. Gotta love em! Hope the mushrooms don't end up eating your fish, was reading a post yesterday about a giant cup mushroom or was it elephant ear, I think, that ate a members yellow tang. No joke, found the slime remains the next day beside it. I'd watch those things if they do get that big though.

Beautiful setup. Not overly crowded.

Originally posted by Sardaukar

3 Bangaii's?  I smell trouble in about a month...

There are actually 4. 3 of them are from the same fry batch. Basically what happend is 2 paired up. (1 wc and cb) and the others worked out a pecking order... At first they schooled but now the pair stays on one side of the tank, and the other two stay on the other side (one infront of the rock, one behind). When I got them I wanted to pair up my WC bangaii, but I was afraid if I just added one fish... If it was the same sex it would get killed.. If I added two fish (thinking chances are one would be opposite sex) The pair would then kill the odd fish out.. So... I opted for 4, and things worked out good...but alas now I have two many fish in my tank lol and am selling them.

Here is a more current picture of my tank.. Sorry Qaundry_23 but over time I had a hard time keeping it so undercrowded (hopefully a bigger tank in the near future will get get things looking less crowded again)

marchtank.jpg

Archived