inTank Media Baskets

attaching corals

freckles

hammer and nails.

I have heard that rubberbands work well with leathers but they take a very long time to attach themselves so be patient.

Fishiebusiness

I just made a frag of my leather last week. I tied the piece onto a rock with a cotton string and it attached in two days.

i've used rubber bands and the frags attached within 2 or 3 days. sometimes there's not enough to 'rubber band'.

then i just place it on top of a rock or chip and put in within a pvc coupling to limit water currents from blowing it off. it also (kinda) keeps the cleanup crews from messing with it. you can then bond the chip w/ the frag onto another rock.

it just depends, if the rubber band is thiner and you tie it really tight, it would cut into the leather. you might just want to get a thick rubber band and tie it, with some pressure so it will attach. dont try the tooth pick method or super glueing it.

I prefer natrual methods. placing the coral in a lower flow area and setting it ontop of the rubble in which you want it to attach to. It will grow onto the rubble in a week to 2 weeks depending on water conditions.

Some people use superglue. It depends on the sliminess of the leather coral. I'd just wedge it gently between two rocks and go from there.

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Just place it in a nice spot and it will attatch itself. Glueing is not enouraged and seems to make the tank feel very fake.

They should just attach themselves. My leather coral attached itself within two days on being placed in a corner with low flow and minimal disturbance.

Archived