Top Shelf Aquatics

Jebo Question

excalibur

Once again,

I have been bit with the nano reef bug and I was at a LFS and bought me a Jebo 5gallon.

Here is my delimena, does anyone know of anyone that has fitted a 32watt in a Jebo hood?

I want more than a 2x13watt setup for the light.

Thanks for the help and keep on reefing.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie, but 26/5 >5 watts/gallon which is more than some minibow 7s with the CSL 32 W retrofit (32/7 =~4.5) so that seems like enough.

I too found that Jebo makes a 5 gallon and an 8G but these tanks are self contained with weak lights and filter. They both look like the JBJ Nano Cube imported from Boyu Aquariums. Unfortunately Boyu doesn't sell their MX series, which I think is the perfect nano.

I'm going to pick up an 8G myself and see if I can't retro fit the hood.

• 4 weeks later...

I did it, and it was easy, just pull a bunch of screws out and pull it all apart, save the reflector, mount the balast on top of the reflector, add your bulb holders, wire it up to the on off switch, IE one red wire on balast goes to switch and to the negitive terminal on your AC and the other red wire goes to the AC wire directly. match pairs of colors to pairs of colors on the pug attachment, and screw it all back together. BAM!

• 1 month later...

I am looking into doing a Jebo 5 gallon, where can I find one, as well as pictures. I have searched everywhere, and just can't find much on them. You would think with as popular as rounded glass tanks are getting that finding them would be easy. If you don't mind could you post some pictures?

Archived