Innovative Marine Aquariums

How is the new Brightwell salt doing?

bird

I switched to the Brightwell salt as soon as Vivid started carrying it pretty much exclusively. My 12" tank has only seen Brightwell salt and I couldn't be happier with the results so far. I've been switching my 40g over as well and am noticing my alk and pH more stable than ever.

I switched from Oceanic and couldn't be more happier. No more calcium/alk problems, and no more having to use more salt to get my desired 1.25sg. My water parameters have become MUCH more stable.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

I'm liking the feedback of the new Brightwell salt, I may give it a try on my next bucket, can I ask what are your freshly mix salt parameters reading out at?

In the long run it could possibly be as cheap as some of the other salts. It is supposed to mix at .25 but everytime I mix according to the directions mine is always .27-28 which is fine with me.

At work we just recently switched from Tropic Marin to Brightwell. It's pretty nice salt and it disolves almost instantly! I read somewhere on another forum that it's low in minor and trace elements. Seems to be a top notch salt. Im going to test out a fresh batch soon as im incharge of taking care of our 500g+ display.

Archived