Coral Vue Hydros

Finally got my lights.

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Guest LudavicoTechnique

I finally found VHO's small enough to fit in my tank. I am using 2x15w (18") 10000k VHO's and 1x15w (18") Actinic, in a home made ballast and hood. A friend of mine has the same watt per gallon in his 40g and he is using the same VHO's and setup as me. So I figure it should be good for a few corals. I love the actinic bulb!

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Cool, thanks for the advice. I like the pure blue look too. I think I will time it so that the Actinic is on by itself for like 5 minutes after the 10000's go out so my room will be all blue for a few minutes.

I have timed my actinic to come on one hour before the other lights and stay on one hour after the main lights go out.

Its really cool to watch. You see some of my corals really fluoresce green or orange under just the actinics and visitors just stare at my tank.

Plus it makes for a smoother shift from really intense light to nothing.

NanoReefer53
Originally posted by LudavicoTechnique

I finally found VHO's small enough to fit in my tank. I am using 2x15w (18") 10000k VHO's and 1x15w (18") Actinic

eh ? so are u using VHO's or NO's ? You say VHO but then u still say 15w. I though 18" VHO's were 30w each.

Archived