Coral Vue Hydros

inherited a cleaner wrasse

sukeband

I bought a full "setup" from s neighbor the other day and a cleaner wrasse came with it. I looked in the tank but didn't see him. we broke down the whole tank, drained the water, still didn't see him. We looked all tgrough the rock,sand etc, still didn't see him. I figured he jumped out and the cat might've gotten to him or one of his 3 dogs.

I wrapped up all the rock, too his other fish and took the tank home and started to set it up. I filled the sand and put some water in, then check on the fish and took a little break.

almost two hours later i start putting the rock in and the cleaner was underneath one of the bigger pieces. Panicing, i quickly get him to a bucket with water. 2 hours out of the water and he was back and swimming around in a half hour.

Fish never cease to amaze me.

Anyway my question is, Now i have a cleaner wrasse. He eat's frozen mysis, and brine readily and i was wondering if there's anything else i should know about taking care of this fish? I think i passed the 1st hurdle seeing as how he readily accepts frozen foods. The guy i bought him from says he had him for 3 years.

Let me know your thoughts..

a 3 year old cleaner wrasse is pretty rare in my opinion...in most cases they pass on quite quickly without a plethora of parasites to eat...namely ich. Good luck...I hope your fish continues to be an exception.

Archived