SaltCritters.com

RO/DI sources

trm2

Hey folks. I am in the process of setting up a Biocube 8 and am trying to source water for it. There are water stores in the area that sell RO water but they are unfortunantly far away and I lack a car so would be bussing it with my heavy cargo. I am willing to do this but noticed the other day that a nearby Canadian Tire (kind of a cheap department/superstore with automotive roots) sells it as well. The catch, their water says it is not for human consumption and includes a bittering agent. Brand name it Turbo Power and it is more for use in appliances and things where tap water would eventually leave buildup.

Pretty sure this is not for me but I thought I would check to see if anyone has used it anyway.

Thanks

The "bittering agent" or other things added to the water are a bad sign. You may want to just use distilled water, which can be found at most grocery stores.

I also have the same question is distilled the same as ro/di?

whats the difference?

would i be better of going with walmarts ro or just get distilled?

I also have the same question is distilled the same as ro/di?

whats the difference?

would i be better of going with walmarts ro or just get distilled?

Difference is the purification process. Both are pure. I would use RO/DI or Distilled instead of just RO.

Difference is the purification process. Both are pure. I would use RO/DI or Distilled instead of just RO.

Thanks for the Help I think my LFS only sells RO

So I guess Ill get Distilled from walmart.

Archived