Coral Vue Hydros

Tank critters

Cilibrin

I'm wondering what critters I should begin to see on my live rock over time. I've had the tank operating for about 3 weeks, and I've got at least one bristle worm and about 3 small feather duster worms.

That's about it for life in my tank so far. I've got a 6 gal with 26w of lighting. What could possibly grow in my tank without adding corals? And how long will it take?

Thanks

After 6 mos, I noticed, a colorful calm buried in my rock, been right there in front of my face for 6 mos, and i just saw it last night! Copepods, looks like the sand is walking. amphipods, larger shrimp looking things, about the size of a large ant. Keep watching, I am now getting Bryozoan (sp.) growth on the back of some rocks.

depends. If the rock was shipped in water and you had a minimal die - off cycle, maybe. If you bought it from the LFS, cured or uncured, not as likely. Again, all this life didn't show up until about 3 - 6 months after being in the tank, so be patient. I would add a few small things just to keep your interest, but make sure they are ultra cool! ;)

Archived