Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tanya's NC12 Nano cube

SPARTAN VI

So we added the true perc just before Thanksgiving, everything was going smoothly until the little bugger decided HE wanted to be the female. True perc, named Citrus, has totally tore up our little b&w, named Oreo. Yeah.. we're one of "those" people who name our fish. ;)

Oreo's recovering and submissive.. has a sizable chunk missing from his tail fin. Poor little guy.

Goniopora is doing well so far, gobbling up the Coral Frenzy. Pics soon.

So we added the true perc just before Thanksgiving, everything was going smoothly until the little bugger decided HE wanted to be the female. True perc, named Citrus, has totally tore up our little b&w, named Oreo. Yeah.. we're one of "those" people who name our fish. ;)

Oreo's recovering and submissive.. has a sizable chunk missing from his tail fin. Poor little guy.

Goniopora is doing well so far, gobbling up the Coral Frenzy. Pics tomorrow.

damn fish...

Got some new shots of the true percula, Citrus, and the modified scape.

FTS this morning, lights just turned on so goni isn't out yet:

nc12_fts120509.jpg

Clowns:

nc12_clowns.jpg

Mushroom and Citrus:

nc12_mushroom_clown.jpg

That frag on the bottom left was a zoa frag that has been recovering from brown slime disease and a ricordea that's on for the ride. Opening up for the first time in months.

Catalina goby made an appearance, probably not happy with it being 72F:

nc12_catalinagoby.jpg

Snowflake polyps, fragged from my tank back home:

nc12_snowflakes.jpg

Need some help with timers and these nanocubes. How can I put the tank's lighting on an automatic timer without shutting off the LED moon lights when the timer goes off?

Tanya is a 1st grade school teacher, as such she gets observe winter/spring/summer breaks. During these breaks, she likes to come back to her home town for maybe a week at a time, which is about an 1 hour drive in one direction, so we'll need something that can control the light cycle.

I have a NC24 HQI, but there's always someone home that can turn on/off my lights. Nothing I have is on a timer.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't have the Rebel XT on me, but got a bunch of new stuff recently. Ended up trading off the b&w ocellaris, they just kept fighting. Added a nice big frogspawn, torch, and electric blue hermit. Some shots with the Canon Powershot SD750:

FTS

nc12_fts01102010.jpg

nc12_torch.jpg

nc12_electricbluehermit.jpg

nc12_clown_goni.jpg

nc12_goni.jpg

nc12_mushroom_snow.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got an update. About 2-3 months ago we traded "oreo" the black and white ocellaris to a fellow NR member because the true perc kept beating on him.

Just this past Wednesday, however, our baby onyx true perc came in:

nc12_babyonyx.jpg

nc12_babyonyx2.jpg

LOVE his markings. Hope they don't fully develop. So far the two have been getting along. The baby pecks at the adult, but the adult doesn't retaliate, just kinda shrugs him off. They sleep on opposite sides of the tank, so they're not quite paired yet. Wish us luck!

Archived