Coral Vue Hydros

Can i put water in now?!

AznSupra

I'm starting a 5 gallon nano tank. I don't have any of the test kits yet (leaning towards salifert) but would there be any problem if i just added water to the tank and mixed the salt?!

Or should i wait to get some test kits before i start?

Sorry for being a newb, i've already looked up the other posts and i dont find anything about my question. Oh and btw i already have a SeaTest Hydrometer and proper P.h. 8.3

HAHAHA.

Good luck with your tank. Make sure to keep us all posted. I'd post pics of my 5gal minibow that's ready for "show" but the battery on my digital camera died. Which is just how my luck goes...everything in the tank is open and looking pretty.

What makes the salinity go up and down?!!?

When i was reading all the other post i dont think i read about it.

I should just search up salinity and read about it myself.

Originally posted by fawkes027

salinity goes up and down due to evaporation and adding more water.

I've also gotten low specific gravity due to salt creep. I just top off with a little saltwater to counter it.

best to keep separate containers for fresh and salt unless you clean them REALLY well between uses.

no offense Azn, but your questions show that you need to do a LOT more research. to start a salt water tank and wonder about what changes salinity shows this. and asking if you can add water to an empty tank. mix the water (or buy salt water at your local fish store, which may be a better option for you) and add the LR then RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

nalbar

I've read all the information articles on this website and i've read most of the threads in the beginners forum and i didnt see much about salinity.

I just wondered if i could add the water now without having the test kits that i need. I'm in kansas so the lfs's dont sell salt water. =( They don't even sell zoo's here.

Archived