SaltCritters.com

New cleaner shy

Fishiebusiness

Fishiebusiness

I just got a delightful cleaner shrimp, he/she is pictured here giving my hand a good cleaning:

shrimp1.jpg

My problem with it is that it hides behind a rock all day and wont come out unless i offer my hand for a cleaning or feed it food. Is there any way for to make him come out more? I've had him for about a week, will he eventually get more used to his new environment and come out more? Would getting another cleaner help?

My one sat behind a huge rock for the first few weeks coming out only during feeding times.

But lately can be seen hanging around the left side of the tank in full view most of the time. And is always seen raoming around when the tank lights go off at 8pm.

Right now my shrimp is out, hanging on the rock wall on the left.

I guess after many weeks they get used to the lights and new surroundings and feel safer and then come out in veiw more often. Mine always comes out whenever I go near the tank now anyway. She is a pretty cool shrimp. :P

Guest LudavicoTechnique

All animals will be shy for a period of time as specific as their personality. Your shrimp will find him/herself. Yours in particularily cute, too.

Ya, don't worry about it, he's just getting used to his new suroundings - after a couple of weeks he'll be out and about in full view most of the time

I think it just depends on the shrimp. I have a cleaner that is always out in front and has been since day one. It will hapilly eat right out of my fingers and jumps on my hand as soon as it enters the water. My dad also has a cleaner that was put in his tank the same day, from the same tank at the lfs, and it's pretty shy.

NaNO ReeFiN

Like everyone else said, just give it some time, the little guy still adjusting to it's environment. And I gotta say, that's an awesome photo you took of the shrimp! :D

Archived