Pod Your Reef

My LR

T11mog

Heres some pics of my LR..its Live Fiji rock that i bought from a good place. But it was 12 bucks a pound! :o :*(

I got it when the Fiji rock ban was in effect...i heard its off now....damn CITES....

Considering he lives in SACK town....It's not a surprise. Maybe local availability is low. You all don't have to hatre, I mean I paid 3.99 for premium fiji, coralline, Hitchhikers ( wanted and unwated). So I think it's just availability. I saw Tonga rock at one LFS for 6$ a lb, it was 4.99 amonth ago.

i dunno what the price is now...i got it like right after halloween...my LPS is Capitol Aquarium...they are really the only place that sells live rock and they had to jack up the price becasue of the Fiji Rock ban...i guress its off now

don't worry about it T11mog.

just learn and move on. all of us have overspent on something. ask me about my aquaclear filter sometime, i am still kicking myself. at least your cycle has started.

nalbar

there are other stores in the sacramento area where you can get live rock. aqua life in rocklin, ca, i got a couple of pounds there that i liked. aqua world in carmichael, cap aquarium downtown, o street, exotic aquarium in the south area off of florin road. these stores all of a variety of livestock. check them all out if you got time on a weekend. i have a bout 12 yellow star polyps that im not liking anymore. i'll probably keep two of them, but if anyone in my area have anything they would like to trade for them, or 5 bucks, email me. i'm looking for pulsing xenia, a real small frag, and i guess anything else.

jAy

Archived