Innovative Marine Aquariums

dying zoos

johnsmb

Tank has been up and running for 3 months. These zoos were expanding...but now you can see the top of them dying - all closed up and looking yucky. Don't know why - the water tests very good.

My question is would it be best to cut off the sick part and remove it - because it seems to be working its way down. I am just reluctant to do so, because I keep hoping that they will perk up again - does it look hopeless.

This is pretty much the first thing that has gone wrong with the tank. Otherwise, things are great!!

I have looked a few times and haven't seen anything bothering them. A have spotted one of those tiny asterina (spelling?) starfish a few weeks ago. Only one, and it is very tiny - maybe I should remove it next time I spot it?

But, you say they don't look bad - are you seeing the grey mat with the "nubs" at the very top of the photo - all those bumps used to be zoos and I think it is spreading downward. I will give it another week or so, if it continues to spread, I'll try and cut off the sick part and see if that helps any.

Archived