inTank Media Baskets

New Pics.

HuBu

just added a finger leather to the tank a few wks back. finally got time to take pics of it. the finger leather is about 7" high expanded. almost sticking out of the tank. also included are pics of xenia frags and of the main xenia colony. one of them i m sending to vanillabox. hey anthony, i m still waiting for you on that xenia colony.

pic of finger leather, unexpand.

NanoReefer53

geez...a 7" leather in a 10g ? that's gotta be the center piece right there. Lookin nice. Hope it has a good home in the upcomming 29g. :)

Nice pics. Love the Xenia.

When are we getting full tank pics?

BTW, are you taking this tank down when you setup the 29G?

NR53 - ironically, its is currently the center piece of the 10g tank right now. i couldnt figure out where to place it since it also spread out widthwise.

Sahin - i had a full tank pic some threads ago. its pretty old tho. yes i m taking this tank down and transfering everything to the 29g tank. also planning to get a green bubble coral and frogspawn for the 29g tank. if i have the money, ill probably do a hex nano or something for the living room since the 29 gal is staying in my room.

Hubu, yeah like you I have my tank in my bedroom, I want to set up a smallish tank in the living room, but expense is keeping me from doing it.

Did you use this tank as a way to "test" things before going ahead with the full espense and a larger tank?

What dimensions are you planning to have the 29G set on?

My 24G is 36inches long, so it good for corals with long sweepers, can easily keep things apart, and is shallow too for better light penetration.

Cant wait to see the new tank :)

actually the 10 gal was my initial reef tank. i did a 10 gal because the apartment i m living in now, i really have to limit the space of the tank. i mean the room is really small. guessin thats why the rent for the apartment was so cheap. but i m moving out this aug, into a bigger apartment. so ill have more space. so i want to do a bigger tank, and was offered a 29 gal tank with metal stand for $10. i would have to be stupid to have not taken up that deal.

its a standard 29 gal tank so the dimensions are 30x12. dont remember the depth of it. i dont plan on getting any things like an anenome it in. just want it to be just corals (soft and hard) that dont move around a lot and is nice to look at it. already started planning already. gonna add frogspawn and a green bubble coral into the 29 gal.

really nice corals hubu. are those xenia frags for sale? if so i may be interested. would you be willing to ship to NC?

got one left man. sent one to vanillabox yesterday. he got it today. seems to like it. all i m telling you is that shipping is about $22 (next day)

NanoReefer53

why not go with USPS priority for $3.50. The weather's pretty warm. I've shipped out many frags already this summer and all of them made it fine. If my SPS can make it, im sure xenia can.

i was advised otherwise. i dont know. and i didnt know if vanilla wanted to try it or not. sending it next day was just a precaution. has anyone shipped xenia with 2-3 days delivery?

Archived