Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

7 Gallon Bow W/ 12" CPR HOB Refugium

jlevs

im the process of setting up my 7 gallon w/ refugium, using miracle mud, anyone have suggestionson what marine life i should be putting in my fug?????

also, would this be to small for mated banded shrimp?????

order the 9 for 99$ special at ispf.com these will spark you're tank with unbelievable life and are great for the sand bed but WAIT UNTIL THE TANK CYCLES get the pod kit and the live sand activator+ give it about a month befor you add any fish so the critters have time to get established and start reproducing you won't be dissapointed trust me. my tanks are crawling with stuff i can look in any ony spot for less then a minute and i see all kinds of pods and worms and sandbed clams you name it, also get some macro for the ref that helps alot with nutrient removal and gives the pods an additional place to live this will help them to spread all over the ref and before you know it you'll be seeing them crawling all over the glass and everything, i'm not an expert but i believe that all the reproducing lets alot of eggs get into the water thus feeding corals and other filter feeding things such as clams and other things too small to feed large food plus whats better then live food? i have had plenty of tanks and these tanks are byfar the healthiest i've had yet.

My Coral banded was a jerk , and big, he took up 25% of the minibow. tossed him for a cleaner, now he's getting big!

I used a straight 3.5 inch sand bed in my fuge, used sand from the display, and the tank I have at work. Plus some from the LFS)if you are lucky enough to have one that will sell you some from their tank. I have only macro in the fuge right now, may throw a couple micro hermits, and a nassarius in there, but that's it, the 12 inch is so small, i think it;s best used for nutrient export thru the growth and harvest of macro.

If the mud is disturbed, it will cloud the tank, and i like to put my hands in the tank alot :blush:

Love the minibows. Can;t wait to see it!

Originally posted by birdman204

i like to put my hands in the tank alot :blush:

[/b]

geeze, i know all about that! i have to force myself to stay out of mine.

nalbar

Archived