Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NANOYED'S new 70 gal frag tank/breeder project - EXPANDING

NANOYED

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

You might of mentioned it in another thread, but where in the heck did you get that tank? I like it! Combines plenty of room for your frags, a nice display area and like you said.....hopefully a breeding pair of picasso's. Nice job, can't wait to still it progress. Also, I'm impressed with your frags - although not a huge fan of some of the names....... :slap:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so tank has been up about 2 months, time for a couple of updates:

-one of the scwd's is stuck open on one side. (need to rip it apart and clean it)

-flow is pretty good, but plan on going to a 3500 gph submersible pump.

-the breeding and corals are not the best mix. (feeding way to much and building to many nitrates)

-need to build a new system just for the breeding.

Time to expand and burn more money. I want to seperate as much of my new breeding set up as possible. I plan on adding a completely seperate system. I need some growout space and some new permanent homes for my breeders. The system will be:

42 gal. growout w/ divider (48"W x 24"D x 10"T)

17 gal. breeder w/ 2 or 3 dividers (48"W x 10"D x 8"T)

40 gal. tub for the sump

newfragtank-expanded2.jpg

newfragtank-expanded3.jpg

My new pair i'm going to try and breed. A platinum & a gold stripe maroon clown. This is there first day together, the female maroon has allowed the platinum in & out of the pot all day occasionally chasing him out. The mail started twitching this evening, I got a small twitch right in front of the female on video at about the 3-4 second mark. Hopefully things go well and I can get them to spawn. If I'm succesful I want to name them Platoon clownfish. For size reference, the pot is 4" dia. She is huge! I need to get them a 6" pot.

th_platinummaroon.jpg

they slept in the pot together last night and today the platinum is twitching like crazy for her. So as long as she keeps accepting him we're good.

Here are some updated pics of the current setup.

DSC07557.jpg

should have scraped the algae off the front

DSC07560.jpg

DSC07562.jpg

The sump - think it's time to change out the socks?

DSC07565.jpg

jebo protein skimmer

DSC07566.jpg

fuge

DSC07567.jpg

pumps & chiller

DSC07569.jpg

Archived