ReefCleaners.org

got this clam as an early xmas present

blk_g20

GF bought this clam for me today. i believe its a crocea, still a juvi. about 3". not sure how much she paid. i like it alot. i hope the gaping goes away after it adjusts.

did you get the skimmer attachment? Looks nice. Try to find maybe a flatter area for him.

Also, the gaping could be flow issues. Try him somewhere else if it doesn't stop.

per birdman's instruction, i relocated the clam to a little piece of rock after he fell. scared me sh!tless when i saw him fall. but all seem to be ok. i put him on the sand, about 17" away from the MH light. i read in Reef Invertebrate that they can be 20 to 30" deep on a 175w MH over a 2'x2' area. i hope he'll be ok

Looks good, as he adjusts to the light, Move him up in the tank if you have a spot for him, Just personal opinion though, I love the way crocea's look growing on the rocks, Remeber he will grow, so don't cramp him! Looking good, hope the attachment arrives today (and is the right one). Yeah The croceas will move alot until they find a happy spot. I had mine in the same spot for a while, he attached pretty good. When I moved the rock he was on, he un-attached, moved a bit, and has since grabbed hold again.

Archived