Coral Vue Hydros

Kent Tech Magnesium For Bryopsis

cmador

I need to preface this with the fact that I never had a full blown outbreak, just some patches of bryopsis. It's been a week of raising my Mg to 1500 (actually hit 1550) and I'd say my bryopsis is a good 90% gone. It started to thin out and the manual removal is really easy now. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before and after pics because I thought for sure it wouldn't work. I don't know why this Mg supplement does the job and others don't but who cares 'cause it works. I'd say give it a try.

you thought for sure kent tech M wouldnt work to kill your bryopsis so you went ahead and bought it and now your bryopsis is gone. HAHAHAHHAHAHA perfect. :lol:

hmm, how much did you increase it on a daily basis??? If you have corals and fish is it safe to increase it that much?

You just follow the directions on the bottle once you test your tank for Mg, start dosing and then test again. It had no effect on the rest of my tank - a mixed reef.

Hey Kyle, try the salifert test kit? That's the one I use.

• 3 months later...

Update:

I've noticed that when my Mg gets low the bryopsis will reappear in a few spots that I now know of. So I'll see the patches start to reappear - then I dose some more Tech M and it'll go away again. That happens about once every 6-8 weeks. This bryopsis never seems to leave the system 100%.

Update:

I've noticed that when my Mg gets low the bryopsis will reappear in a few spots that I now know of. So I'll see the patches start to reappear - then I dose some more Tech M and it'll go away again. That happens about once every 6-8 weeks. This bryopsis never seems to leave the system 100%.

Hmmm, I just recently noticed the same thing.

I thought I had gotten rid of all bryopsis so I stopped dosing.

Saw some pop up again 2 days ago.

My coral colors faded somewhat with the Tech-M dosing, which is why I had stopped adding it once it looked like it was gone.

Wonder if you can dose with Tech M to get rid of it, then keep Mg up with another supplement to avoid color fading in corals....

Hmmm, I just recently noticed the same thing.

I thought I had gotten rid of all bryopsis so I stopped dosing.

Saw some pop up again 2 days ago.

My coral colors faded somewhat with the Tech-M dosing, which is why I had stopped adding it once it looked like it was gone.

Wonder if you can dose with Tech M to get rid of it, then keep Mg up with another supplement to avoid color fading in corals....

I had a full blown Byropsis outbreak in my BC29- Kent M put a stop to that pretty quickly.

However I have read a lot of articles that say to only use Kent M to nuke- other Mg supplements didn't do it. I'd be interested to know if other Mg supplements keep your byropsis from coming back up. I added 100 snails and 2 Emerald Crabs... stopped dosing a while ago and not a single string has reappeared for me so far *knock on wood*.

This is bad news. I was going to start tech m dosing soon on my 90. If it doesn't get rid of it all the way. i am going to just take my tank down.

No, I think it gets rid of it, it just pops up again once every 5 months or so and you toss a little Tech-M in there again.

At least that's how it sounds.

I actually stopped dosing it earlier than I rly should have, which is probably why I started seeing some sprouts again.

No, I think it gets rid of it, it just pops up again once every 5 months or so and you toss a little Tech-M in there again.

At least that's how it sounds.

I actually stopped dosing it earlier than I rly should have, which is probably why I started seeing some sprouts again.

That's right. I just let the mg get low and it came back. I think if I dose 20ml in my biocube every week or two on a regular basis - it will keep my mg high enough so that it won't come back.

Archived