Coral Vue Hydros

My Eclipse 6 experiment

Carl_in_Florida

aw man i just discovered that it doesn't come w/ anything to protect the fixture from moisture! what can i do. i'll have to find a plastic case of some kind? what do you do for yours?

and oh man, my damsel is in distress.. i thought it had a parasite because it had white spots on it but not as fine as Ick. they fell off and left a hole in its fins. i called the LFS guy and he told me that if it was ick i should do a freshwater dip. i did the dip anyway.. now its chilling in the corner with labored breathing.. what should i do?

beastium...i suggest you do some reasearch rather than continuing to post on this thread...or at least ask some questions in the beginners forum to get started. there are hundreds of threads and very many articles answering your very questions.

just help me out dudes!!! i know you want to share you hard earned knowledge of reef-keeping... yes i know i'm a newb. but we gotta start somewhere no?

ok...you are right we all have to start somewhere, however without research you will go nowhere with the hobby, get a foundation so you can ask educated questions. there are plenty of resources to find out how to help your sick fish, and countless threads of how to retro lights into your eclipse hood. carl already told you where to find pictures of his hood if you want to mimic him, and there is also a beginners forum if you still wish to ask the very basic questions.

Cellenzweig

Beastium,

I agree with SLO on this. When the same questions are asked over and over, the pros get sick of answering them, as their answer is already posted ten thousand times. Often, they stop posting all together because of this. This means that there is sometimes nobody to answer the advanced questions when they come up.

If you use the "search" button, you'll find the answers to any beginner questions you can think of - they've all been asked and answered before. If you rely on others to answer every question you have, your tank will never thrive, as you will be doing the bare minimum. Do some research and learn how to make your tank thrive, not just survive. You should have a pretty good grasp of basic reef keeping before adding livestock.

I agree with the above post. You are asking very basic questions that have been asked a hundred times before, all the while hijacking the original intent of this thread and twisting it into your own "nano 101" session. Do some reading...THEN ask your questions.

hopefully ill put up pics when it gets full blown~

Start your own thread when you do--don't put them in this one.

lets see some of your eclipse 6's

It's a simple concept, really. Carl_in_Florida started this thread to showcase his tank and its process. The posts in this thread should maintain that focus. Don't go inviting other people in to collage this thread with their tanks--that's just flat out disrespectful. -edit-

• 2 months later...

Archived