Cultivated Reef

Deli's 3.5 pico LED powered Barracuda

cdelicath

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks look nice. I am a pico LED keeper too. I have a similar size tank and build a 12led setup for it, a bit overkill but I get good coverage and can dial down. I am interested to watch the coloration of your monti under the LED. I had a monti in my bc29 under the PC was getting okay grown but it was browned out, switched to the LED first week in july and I dont feel the color has changed at all, but its growing well.

Jerome

Tanks look nice. I am a pico LED keeper too. I have a similar size tank and build a 12led setup for it, a bit overkill but I get good coverage and can dial down. I am interested to watch the coloration of your monti under the LED. I had a monti in my bc29 under the PC was getting okay grown but it was browned out, switched to the LED first week in july and I dont feel the color has changed at all, but its growing well.

Jerome

Mine all went from white/pink to a beautiful rusty color with purple polyps.

But I have also noticed my zoo's have a hard time under the light and don't grow near as big or ope as much.

I was refering to the light. The one you have here has the acrylic leg stand. I didn't see one on your site.

What ones are you referring too?
Over what time period did you see the morph in color?

Maybe 2 months

I was refering to the light. The one you have here has the acrylic leg stand. I didn't see one on your site.

I am in the process of getting new lighting for next year hopefuly before christmas though. I can still do the old units if requested until the new ones come in.

Deli are you still running with the lights at half tilt? Do you have seperate dimmers for the whites/blues or just seperate dimmers for each fixture? Have your zoas started to acclimate to the light or are you still having issues?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a shopping list together for my LED setup and would like to know what others opinions are with theirs.

Deli are you still running with the lights at half tilt? Do you have seperate dimmers for the whites/blues or just seperate dimmers for each fixture? Have your zoas started to acclimate to the light or are you still having issues?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a shopping list together for my LED setup and would like to know what others opinions are with theirs.

Still running dimmed a bit and yes my zoo's are smaller and don't open as much.As far as the dimmer goes I use one dimmer for all 6 LED's

how have the corals that you have in the tank reacted to the led fixture in terms of color, growth, and size? i know you said the zoas are smaller and a little more closed up, what about the ricordea, mushrooms, frogspawn, etc?

how have the corals that you have in the tank reacted to the led fixture in terms of color, growth, and size? i know you said the zoas are smaller and a little more closed up, what about the ricordea, mushrooms, frogspawn, etc?

Rics are just a tiny bit smaller and mushrooms are a bit smaller but everything else is really good. I really think it's just too much light for the zoo's. Or at least more then they where used to.I will try to get some pic's of them. They all look good just smaller then normal.

Im just about to jump on the boat.

Is the ATO working fine? where does it fit into the back chamber?.

ANY1 know wat happened to the guys who offered that underwater fudge light?

STill thinkin about a light source. HUMM.

Ne suggestion besides the $$$$LEDS$$$$

BTW ur tank is looking GREAT!

Do you think youcan post some pics of the filtration and what you have going on in the back? I got a chance to look at the site and it looks awsome!

Did your ricordea and zooanthids ever perk up with this lighting? Any problems with color, growth or mortality? How long now have you been using this tank/lighting?

Did your ricordea and zooanthids ever perk up with this lighting? Any problems with color, growth or mortality? How long now have you been using this tank/lighting?

Yep everything is on the up and up with the lights running at like 30-40% power. Zoos are getting bigger and opening rics are bigger. I lost a green slimmer when I first setup the tank but that was a water issue I think it's been up for like 5 or 6 months but all the coral is about 2 months or less.

Archived