Lumpy

Hey All,

I've been lurking for the last few weeks and reading as much

as I can. Decided to sign up today and post. So go easy on

me.

I'm still in the planning stages and I am looking for

suggestions on what type of tank to buy. I'm looking in the

10-20 Gallon range.

I like the look of the Eclipse 12 but have found all the threads regarding the pro's and con's.

What is a good alternative to the Eclipse 12? Something

similar?

This will be my first SW tank, only experienced in FW tanks

before. So I'm looking for something somewhat easy for

future upgrades ect.

Some starting points would be great.

Lumpy

not sure the brand but i know theres a 12gal nano cube that comes with decent lighting and a built in filter, also its glass not plexi like the eclipse, search around im sure you can find the brand, think its jbj or something like that.

Of course I am biased, but I believe an eclipse 12 with a Custom Sea Life 32w retrofit is perfect for starters. It is how I got into this hobby and still remain in this hobby.

KamDesai,

Your tank is spectacular. I saw it earlier when doing some searching.

I was thinking of going with the Eclipse 12 with the PowerCompact 32W light retrofit.

Do you use the filter included minus the bio wheel or have you upgraded the filtration system?

It's a sweet looking setup.

Everyone seems to have issues with the hood assembly for some reason, also some mention of the acrylic scratching very easily.

As a beginner is it the right tank for me?

I was originally looking at a full blown reef tank but have now decided to go against the norm and do a nano to start. If I like what I'm getting into I may go into the bigger system setups.

So sell me on your setup. ;-)

Lumpy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kamdesai,

You're tank is beautiful.

I have a FW eclipse 12 that I was thinking about converting it to a nano. I already got the supernova on sale at 6th ave aquarium so I was going to put that on the eclipse 12 but I read that many owners have problems cleaning the acrylic. What is your method?

Do you find any problems with scratches on the Eclipse?

If you have to do it over would you have gone glass?

I have a JBJ 12 g. Nano Cube I love it - sorry no pics to post yet - but I haven't had problems with the Hood, This tank is made out of glass...it's a good one - look into it - I love mine!

Archived