Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanoregon's 18g ADA

nanoregon

Looking good. Nice Percula. Good looking coloration. Your corals look happy.

Thanks! it's taken a while but I think I've finally found a setup that works for me. I had to pull the skimmer a week ago because it was shorting out. So far everything seems to be doing fine...

• 2 months later...

it's been two months since i took out the skimmer and everything is going great! A pox on those that said it couldn't be done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just wondering what mods did you do to the eshopps overflow? and how you layed out your 5.5 gallon sump. I'm going to be doing the same overflow and same size sump. How are they working out for you?

just wondering what mods did you do to the eshopps overflow? and how you layed out your 5.5 gallon sump. I'm going to be doing the same overflow and same size sump. How are they working out for you?

I snapped off the L shaped piece of the clear part and siliconed both the black and clear pieces to either side of the tank, it has worked very well for me. As for the sump: It does its job, I wish I had a little more room to work with but everything fits down there, aquaticlife nano skimmer, heater, bio wheel w/ Chemi pure, and a return pump, I also have a 13" cpr Aquafuge light for the cheato. The Cheato Acts as a bubble trap for the skimmer.

post-45259-1277702641_thumb.jpg

I snapped off the L shaped piece of the clear part and siliconed both the black and clear pieces to either side of the tank, it has worked very well for me.

That's interesting. Because the overflow is definitely bulkier than I was expecting when I ordered it. I dont think it was designed for rimless tanks... Unfortunately my tank already has water in it so I dont know if I'll be able to silicone the inside part in. Nice mod though. It's solid and the U-tube still fits?

As for the sump: It does its job, I wish I had a little more room to work with but everything fits down there, aquaticlife nano skimmer, heater, bio wheel w/ Chemi pure, and a return pump, I also have a 13" cpr Aquafuge light for the cheato. The Cheato Acts as a bubble trap for the skimmer.

So you have the return pump right in the fuge? Any problems with that? I was planning on pretty much the exact layout you have there but without the HOB filter and a little section squared off for the return pump. But if the fuge is making problems for the return I might just leave it out

hope that helps!

Yea definitely. Thanks!

That's interesting. Because the overflow is definitely bulkier than I was expecting when I ordered it. I dont think it was designed for rimless tanks... Unfortunately my tank already has water in it so I dont know if I'll be able to silicone the inside part in. Nice mod though. It's solid and the U-tube still fits?

Yeah the E shopps is not designed for rimless tanks, the U tube fits but you have to have it at a slight angle. I drained my tank halfway for a day, siliconed the overflow, waited another day and then filled it back up with water and had no problems. It gives you way more room and looks much nicer than the stock overflow. Good luck! let me know if you have anymore questions.

Yeah the E shopps is not designed for rimless tanks, the U tube fits but you have to have it at a slight angle. I drained my tank halfway for a day, siliconed the overflow, waited another day and then filled it back up with water and had no problems. It gives you way more room and looks much nicer than the stock overflow. Good luck! let me know if you have anymore questions.

I actually might just do that. Any special type of silicone you used? And just silicone?

• 2 months later...

Archived