Quantity of fish

newnano

Here are my tank stats:

Tank type: FOWLR

15 gallon high acrylic tank

Skilter 250 HOB filter/protien skimmer

Heater (not sure of wattage)

15 lbs of Live Rock

20 lbs of Aragonite Sand (approx. 2" deep)

Planning on adding Auto Top-Off

I'm in the middle of cycling and I've been using the time searching these forums as well as looking into what type of fish I want to keep. I'm really not interested in corals or anything like that since I'm new to saltwater. I have had freshwater tanks for about 25 years. I'm interested in several kinds of fish, which includes:

Ocellaris Clownfish

Blue Green Chromis

Yellowtail Damsel

Royal Gramma Basslet

Since the Skilter's skimmer is quite noisy and the tank will be in the TV room, I will probably be running it intermittently (twice a week, only at night) . Knowing that, how many fish do you think I will be able to keep? Is it possible to keep 7 fish happy in that size tank with water changes and careful attention to water quality?

Any advice is appreciated.

gargoyleexotics
Is it possible to keep 7 fish happy in that size tank with water changes and careful attention to water quality?

7 fish would be WAY too many fish. Water quality is not the only thing to consider. Swimming room and territory issues between fish must be taken into consideration. With a tank that size you should limit yourself to around 3 fish (for example a pair of clowns and one other fish).

Archived