Top Shelf Aquatics

DD H2Ocean Pro salt

gus6464

Just wanted to let everyone know about this great salt. I have been using IO ever since I started my tank but I have always had issues with low pH (~7.8) and high KH (12-13). Also IO would take forever to mix because the recommended 1/2 cup per gallon would never get me a salinity of 1.025g.

I decided to put in an order for the new salt after my IO ran out just to give it a shot considering it costs around the same as IO. I think marinedepot is the only place that carries it right now though. Anyway I added the recommended 1 cup of salt per 2 gallon and was amazed that salinity read 1.025 exactly. Also after leaving it mix overnight the pH reads 8.4 with 11KH. The salt also does not leave excess mix in the water unlike IO which would not mix all the salt I dropped in the bucket.

I highly recommend anyone looking for a new salt to try this one out.

I'm glad to hear this. I just ran out of my last supply of Red Sea Coral Pro and have been struggling to keep my MG above 1300, so I also just purchased a bucket of the D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro. Hopefully I will have the same luck as you.

Archived