ReefCleaners.org

My tank

Jordan

I'm new here and i was wondering if anyone wanted to give me advice or ask me any questions about my tank. It will be set up in a week and it is a 55 gallon saltwater reef tank.Power Compact Moon lights. 260 watts all together. Filtration is 55 pounds of live rock. I got a 2 stage RO unit and 60 pounds of crushed coral and sand for the bottom. I got 200 gallon bucket of red sea salt. It is a 55 gallon tank that will contain coral, fish, and invertebrates. I plan to post some pictures up or post some news when i get it set up. I will also be starting a mini nano reef in an aquarium called the Nano Cube. It has 24 watt 50/50 compact flourscent lights. It is 12 gallons and has a wet/dry filter and 106 gph pump. I will have a mini reef will 12 pounds of live rock, coral and a fish in there. That should be up around Christmas. I hope it will all work out. Just give me some advice on good starting corals and good fish or invertebrates for both tanks.

I would avoid the crushed coral. Pieces of food can get trapped in it and it is hard for the scavengers to find, increasing the nitrates and causing algae problems. The nanocube will be limited to softies with the light and you might need more circulation. Other than that, it sounds good.

Archived