Innovative Marine Aquariums

General tank observations...

Sahin

Its been alomst 2 months since I have started my reef tank.

I must say, with the help of everyone here, and a lot of reading around, I actually found that setting up and running my reef tank is easier than the planted tank I originaly setup this tank for.

Apart from a few hicups (due to my little bro) my tank has progressed rather well.

All my corals are growing reasonaly.

I am noticing a lot of coralline algae growth at this point.

Most coralline growth seems to be occuring at lower depths where there are partial shadows and low light.

I have one rock that was bought completly void of coralline algae --as I like the shape and its highly porous structure and numerous little holes etc.

I put this rock right at the top and want to see the endpoint of when it will be completly covered in coralline algae.

My reef tank is just so much different to my 75G African cichlid tank.

In terms of amount of life its just great.

The various critters living in the reef tank just amazes me every time I look at this tank.

The beauty of such a tank just makes all the hard work seem nothing.

Anyway, enough rambling. :)

Tanks is going well, hope it goes well for the time to come.

What happened I had two windows open and I wrote the wrong stuff in this thread, so as not to confuse poeple, I quickly edited it and wrote "TEST" and then wrote the right stuff as you now see above. :P

Christopher Marks

Well I'm glad that everything has gone relatively smooth for you. A large goal of this site is to help new people enter the hobby without all the mistakes.

fishymissy

I'm glad to hear things are going (mostly) well for you!

Saltwater is the best, don't you think? Don't get me wrong....I love my fresh tanks, but the sheer amount of diversity that can be in one little tank is amazing!

:D

fishymissy: My exact feelings too!

I have a 75G African cichlid tank setup, with many colourful fish in it, but my small reef tank is just the ultimate, with its variety and diversity of life.

In no way is it an ecosystem, but it sure assumes one. I find it just so amazing.

And way more beautiful than any freshwater planted tank.

Archived