inTank Media Baskets

purigen

nick021892

Can I add a 100ml bag of purigen to my biocube 8, or is that way too much? It says that it treats 100gal, but I know people use it in smaller tanks. I also have chemi-pure elite in there by the way.

Thanks!

yep you're fine. It is non-toxic and does not leach anything back into the water when exhausted. Can be recharged with bleach.. but you'll need to use a dechlorinator before returning it to the tank.

Sorry if these seems like a obvious question but, Do you guys just bag that up yourself and throw it in? Is it noticeably better than chemi-pure and does it work along the same principles?

Sorry if these seems like a obvious question but, Do you guys just bag that up yourself and throw it in? Is it noticeably better than chemi-pure and does it work along the same principles?

You can buy it pre-bagged or buy a bigger bottle and bag it yourself. Purigen and Chemi-pure are similar products.

You need to put it in a bag. If you didn't you would have a snow globe instead of an aquarium. The are similar in exporting but chemi pure inputs and tints your water. you do not need both but I find they work well together.

Why oh why run both? That's completely redundant since both serve the SAME purpose, unless you run Chemi-Pure Elite which adds in GFO in the mix.

I use it in a Phosban reactor. Works great. Once I put it into the phosban reactor I give it a good soak/rinse running it ina bucket of salt water for a day which also helps to remove any of the Purigen that want's to float so it does not go into the tank.

Then after a good flushing I set it up on the tank with just enough flow to get it to tumble. After it discolors I remove the reactor, dump most all the water I can, add fresh water and bleach at 50% to 50% and let it sit for a few days.

After it has regained its snow white appearance I place the reactor in a bucket of fresh salt water and add some dechlorinator and run the reactor for a day, add some more dechlorinator and run it for another day, then back onto the tank.

Archived