SaltCritters.com

HELP WITH PARAMETERS BATTLING THE GODS

flipit13

As the title states i am still at war with the reef tank gods. my last battle all came down to lighting and i figured it out alittle late but now i have a new battle on my hands. i have dropped my temp in the last few months from 80 constant to 76 and have to say alot better reaction from the corals...

salinity 1.026

calcium 400

alk/kh 7

mag 1020

ph 8

no2 0

no3 undetectable

phosphate undetectable

i dose 30ml of both parts (esv) 2 part daily (around 6:30 am)

i just switched from seachem reef salt to brightwell (love the way it mixes clear in seconds and mixes spot on)...

my question is how do i keep my mag up in the 1300's cal and alk i have to up my dose obviously. next question if i get a cal reactor is there a media that can discharge both mag and cal?

just tryin to get the tank back to were it was 4 months ago tons of growth and color.... color and growth are coming back just want more stability lol dont we all

thanks in advance

rick

thanks guys i know esv has a 3rd part also esv 2 part also has mag suppliment in it... i was most concerned about what to add into the cal reactor for mag suppliment.... i found it out its dolomite 10-20 percent keeps up the mag up in the 1300's

The other thing you need to think about is bringing up your Mg BEFORE you dose any Ca or Alk supplement. Mg helps prevent precipitiation. IMO this will also help reduce the amount of localized precip from the Ph spike when adding your Alk dose.

I don't think you'll need a CA reactor for your 40, but if you want one you can put dolomite in the reactor to add Mg.

Archived