Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is my setup going to be ok?

sjwalker

I have been reading on here like MAD and I am still wonding what I should do. First off here is my setup

10gal tank

15 watt flor. hood

Aqua Clear 150 Power Filter

11 lbs of Reef sand

7 lbs of live rock

50watt heater

Mini Jet 606 for water movement

1 Yellow Tail Damsel (which will be replaced by 2 clowns once I KNOW the tank is sable.

1. What are your thoughts on NOT skimming. I have a lot of water movement. I hear that you don't need to skim on a small tank like mine. My friend wants me to get a AquaC Remora :(

2. I am thinking about getting a 96w Coralife PC. I am wanting to have corals down the road, and I like the idea of the PC so I can have the top open. (i know evap will be more...that's ok)

I would appriciate any input. I keep reading and still am a bit over welmed.

I just want a nice home for 2 clown and some soft coral for them to host in.

THANKS, Steve

Aim:soundguyo1v

1) I'd do a search for skimming...numerous threads regarding the pro's and cons. Lots run them and lots don't....

2) lol...not really a question there but that would be adequate lighting fopr a good array of corals.

Your setup sounds good for a 2 pair of clowns and some softies. You could go to a 2x32 watt pc setup also for sofites...it would keep the heat down. Evap will likely still be a concern. Either make a good habit of topping off or research and look into top off systems.

Cameron

You could add more LR. Try for about 15 pounds or so, 7 is on the low side.

The damsel is going to be a royal PITA to get out of that tank. I wish you luck with that.

Archived