Top Shelf Aquatics

Mushroom looks like a trumpet

CrocoDillon

Why would a mushroom looks like a trumpet? Does he want food? Here are some before pics and how he looks now. I have 70watt MH over a 15g reef.

oortje.jpg

And this is the trumpet look, it's an older image, he's now even more like a trumpet:

oortje2.jpg

I'm thinking about feeding phyto to my tank for small clams and feathers dusters. I think shrooms eat that too, or should I try artemia shrimp?

Yeah that what it looks like... I'm hatching some shrimp right now. But how come he's reaching for light with 70watt MH? I thought shrooms needs medium light. If my lighting doesn't even meet the requirments for a shroom, how would I ever add Xenia or a nice clam?

dunno. perhaps it's looking for food as well.

I have 2 150 watters over my tank and the shroom stretches at times (although mine is at the bottom of the tank, it is still a ton of light).

Need some help on finding some good coral for a 12 gallon Nano Cube reef. It comes with 50/50 24 watt flourescent lights. Anyoen got any ideas for coral to start with

or you could have started a new thread ;)

uhmm... mushrooms r small, nice and easy :D it's my first and only coral. they don't need much light, yeah right, thats why mine is reaching for the 70watt MH :S hehehe

What else do you have in your tank, i have a 16-18 gal cube that im going to be using a 70w 10k mh, just wondering what you have coral wise since its similar to my setup.

thanks

I have nothing else yet, since I just set it up a few weeks ago. I want to get everything stable (Ca, pH and kH especially) and an auto-top-off before adding anything. My plans include a clam, pumpin Xenia, some starpolyps, some zoos and alot of Ricordea and some more shrooms. Maybe a RBTA hosting a pair of Ocellaris clowns. But they are just plans :D

Archived