Pod Your Reef

SCOOT'S 40 B OH YEAH!

scooternerd

might use that level on the frag shelf, looks a little un-level.

Might just be the pic to..either way nice progress!!! I like the idea of having a 3 tierd system for display, sump. and frags

its just the pic. i did use a level. -_-

its just the pic. i did use a level. -_-

How are you planning on finishing it out? Door in the front, closed on the sides?

I'm pondering creating a cabinet with removable sides so I can access everything really easily.

Heck yeah! Starting my 40B frame this weekend if all goes according to plan. Display refuge in the middle and close on the bottom for now.

What size wood all around? I've been eyeballing my very sturdy living room furniture and in particular I've got a stone tile topped buffet that has nothing but (2) 1x4 in an L shape at each corner. It's topped by what look to be 2x6 wood on top and it supports a fairly large hutch no problem. Seems scary for a 400lb fish tank, but I've stood on top of this thing. Thoughts?

Heck yeah! Starting my 40B frame this weekend if all goes according to plan. Display refuge in the middle and close on the bottom for now.

What size wood all around? I've been eyeballing my very sturdy living room furniture and in particular I've got a stone tile topped buffet that has nothing but (2) 1x4 in an L shape at each corner. It's topped by what look to be 2x6 wood on top and it supports a fairly large hutch no problem. Seems scary for a 400lb fish tank, but I've stood on top of this thing. Thoughts?

i am no engineer or anything.... oh wait i am! lmao

hahahahah but i am not by any means a carpenter! i do know that the stand for my 55 was made from particle board! i used 2x4/2x6 for the main supports. probably get by with much less. but why risk it!

Looks nice, dude.

thanks dude!

i am no engineer or anything.... oh wait i am! lmao

hahahahah but i am not by any means a carpenter! i do know that the stand for my 55 was made from particle board! i used 2x4/2x6 for the main supports. probably get by with much less. but why risk it!

Sad part is... so am I ;)

I looked some more. The secret is in the sides. They used 1x10's in between the 1x4's. That adds a huge moment of inertia (nerd alert).

Sad part is... so am I ;)

I looked some more. The secret is in the sides. They used 1x10's in between the 1x4's. That adds a huge moment of inertia (nerd alert).

lmao what field?? i am a mechanical engineer turned scooter mechanic :P hahahhahahahahhahahahhaa

i showed those losers!

lmao what field?? i am a mechanical engineer turned scooter mechanic :P hahahhahahahahhahahahhaa

i showed those losers!

Sounds like the life... I'm mechanical and getting my soul sucked out designing airplane modifications by the man currently.

Sounds like the life... I'm mechanical and getting my soul sucked out designing airplane modifications by the man currently.

i did the same for a while. aircraft engines at kelly AFB in san antonio TX. money was great but i just couldn't deal with some one bossing me around. i decided a long time ago that working for the MAN wasn't for me

Yo' garage is a hot mess :lol: looks like mine omgomgomg

your an engineer?...schmarty pantz :P

It needs more wet water IMO

shocking isn't it!

engineer yes maid no :P i clean it every few days. but someone keeps messing it up! if i catch dem there in for it!

besides that around 60% of eng's are outta work right now. nobody building anything!! no efen $$$$

and i will be using light water for this. same great taste with 1/2 the carbs!!

omg this tank is already amazing and its not even wet. im really excited to see what you do next. good work :happydance:

thanks! i like the way it is looking so far! i am very indecisive though! this is the 4th build on my personal tank. i always found something with the others that turned me off about them.

• 5 months later...

Archived