inTank Media Baskets

Can you keep a Wrasse in a nano?

Volcom

Cool guys thanks. My LFS has a pretty cool little six-line and I think he will be my next fish. What is the amount of time you recomend between fish purchases?

Thnx caja. I was looking at different sizes among the wrasses and the carpenters flasher grows to be the same size as the 6 line. Do you think he could fit in a 12?

SOMETIMES big ones go for shrimp legs, but it depends on the individual animal. The owner of my LFS has had a trio of facula butterflies in his 120, none of them have bothered a thing.

• 1 month later...

i have a six-line wrasse in my 12gal eclipse.

he eats peppermint and cleaner shrimps, kills emerald crabs, kills small goby. ask me how i know.

these guys are vicious. so, if you plan on keeping a six-line in your nano...make sure your critters are big enough to put up a fight.

Interesting wumang. Yours is pretty vicious. Update on mine. It's been inthe tank a few months now and has grown about another 1/2", now about 2 1/2" I have a pep shrimp in there with him and the shrimp is just about as big as the wrasse. They generally avoid each other, but occasionally the shrimp will harrass the wrasse and the wrasse tries to steal food from the shrimp when I feed the tank. Pretty amusing actually. The shrimp no longer fits in it's cave because it's gotten so big, but it used to hang out in there and when the wrasse would swim past it would dart out and go after the fish. I guess my wrasse is a wuss.

I second wumang's report on sixlines eating cleaners! I thought my cleaner just died so I bought a new one, couldn't act fast enough, Monticore (my sixline) killed the new one in seconds. Most "experts" I've talked to about this said it was a territorial issue and I wouldn't have had the problem in a larger tank. Well Monicore has moved on to a friends 150g and is very happy with two large cleaners in there. BTW - He was close to 2 1/2" inches and the two cohabitated for about a month-and-a-half when the incident occured. CAUTION!

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a possum wrasse he is way way cool doesnt pick on anything and always swims he goes through caves and little cracks the only thing is his color isnt like the six line. He is a solid purple (same color as the coraline algae) with a virtical yellow stripe on his eye. But on the plus he max's out at 1.5 inchs. way smaller than the six line.

Archived