Top Shelf Aquatics

Cinnamon Clown in a 20L?

Chyendra

Would a 20 gallon long be too small for a Cinnamon Clownfish?

how about any agressiveness towards neon gobies, citron gobies, or royal grammas?

You could probably avoid agressiveness by adding the clown last, and by making sure it's not an adult fish. I've heard that maroon clowns and tomato clowns are the more aggressive fish.

I know, maroon clowns are beautiful, that's what i wanted at first, but i wouldn't try it in a 20 gallon... i hadn't really looked into Cinnamon clowns until i saw a brilliant one at the LFS the other day. I thought it was a tomato clown at first (silly me) but now i know the difference.

I have had a cinnamon clown living in a 12. 65 and then a 10 for the last 3 or so years. Compatible with any of the following fish in various combinations during that time period:

domino damsel

yellow damsel

royal gramma

cleaner wrasse

yellow tang

purple tang

neon dottyback

flame angel

orange cardinal

neon gobies

The only fish it had a problem with is the false percula in the 65, which is why he is now back in the 10.

that's good to hear, perhaps I'll plan on a cinnamon clown unstead of a false perc, for my new setup.

never any problems with him picking on corals or anything right? i know most clowns are good for reef tanks but i thought i'd ask.

do you think it would be safe for a clownfish to host a short tentacle plate coral?

I've heard they can sting pretty good.

I don't want an anenome, but i love these corals.

Cinnamon clowns i belive have much more black then tomato clowns. The black is somtimes stretches from their tail are far up to past their white cheek stripe.

plus tomato clowns get larger and are more aggressive

Cinnamon

cinn.jpg

tomato

tomato.jpg

Yes, the cinnamons have more black in the body, and lighter colored tails.

pic below of my cinnamon in the 10 gal tank a few months back, pre-halide , SPS and clams

no they have differnt scientific names

Amphiprion melanopus - cinnamon clownfish

Amphiprion frenatus - Tomato clownfish

actually two different fish that depending on where you find them in the ocean, could look very similar

kennerd,

why is your tank filled with nice coralline algae but mine still is growing green slim like no tomorrow! how old is your tank, and are you using any type of solutions ?

Archived