Innovative Marine Aquariums

shot in the dark with feeding corals.....

Nishant3789

Nishant3789

hmm this is a shot in the dark but can i use freshwater feeding pellets for corals? i mean like freshwater shrimp pellets and cichlid pellets. i wanna feed my shrooms and button polyps thanks

nishant

Well, yes i suppose you could, but would probable be safer if you didn't. (thats probable what most of us would say)

As i read it, fresh seafood would be best, its the easiest to digest... at least as i understand it... ;)

quality frozen preparations are the next best..

for instance, I've noticed that annomies (sp?) don't like dried foods, and pellets, they find them hard to digest, but frozen and fresh work really well with them.

This is really interesting....

I never thought I could feed my mushrooms and button polyps...

Do they have a mouth that can feed this way?

Let me know. I sure want my mushrooms and button polyps to spread.

I have found that generally my corals dont like flake foods--so pellets may not be readily accepted. Frozen shrimp meat is most accepted.

Nishant; what do you mean by "full"?

If you mean can they eat recieve too much food and not take anymore, then I say yes.

I found that my plate coral doesnt like large chunks or too many little bits even. Small servings once or twice a week is happily accepted.

My mushrooms and polyps will take freshwater shrimp pellets, but my candycane only eats fresh shrimp. Go figure. Anyway, Yes, they work dandy. Shrimp and hermits love to eat them too.

My bubble coral and my ricordia shrooms love shrimp pellets. Sahin, the mouth is that hole in the center of the shroom. When I place a pellet in my ricordia or bubble coral's mouth the whole thing wraps up around the pellet and in a little while the pellet is gone and the shroom or coral is wide open and practically smiling at me.

When I get around to taking new photos of the tank I will be sure and post some open-mouthed shots

NanoReefer53

To feed my button polyps, I just crush up some flakes, mix them with a lil bit of water in a separate cup, then use a pipet to squirt it directly to them. Them seem to be happy :)

Thanks people.

I am going to start feeding my mushrooms and button polyps soon.

I have one really nice flourecent greent type mushroom that I want to grow and produce new ones.

I also want my button polpys to spread. Thanks.

Archived