12 members have voted

1. 1. How many gallons do you change per week in your BC14

• <= 1.0 gallon
    • 1.5 gallons
    • 2.0 gallons
    • 2.5 gallons
    • >= 3.0 gallons

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see what you guys are doing in terms of % water change for a BC14.

I was doing 1st week=1.5 gallons, 2nd week = 1.5 gallons and then 3rd week = 2 gallons as I have 5 gallon container, but I was running into issues with my magnesium dropping down to 1050 and my calc being as low as 380. Causing me to dose ESV. MG and B Ionic, but I always noticed that when I went into a LFS and told them that I was only doing a 1.5g water change they seemed to think that was enough.

I recently came back from a trip week long trip and did a 2.5 gallon water change and noticed my parms where a lot higher than normal MG=1290 and Calc 400.

So Just wanted to see what you guys where doing in regards to WC's. I would say that i have a heavy bio load also

do 3G a week,cant hurt , just match up parameters (PH, salinity, Temp) good as done. 3G of 14G is still barely over 20% so its fine.

masterbuilder

Yup... I might try 2.5 to 3.0 per week. I did 2.5 in my 12G nanocube forever and it worked out good for me. Didnt have to dose anything to keep my parms about right (softies only).

i do about 1.5 like every 2 weeks been doing that for a long time and fine some of my other tanks i done once a month depends on how much fisf you have how often you feed and your filtration there people on this website that have gone 1-2 months and have no problems at all its ( Really what you can do in your time and budget that you feel is good for your tank ) dont let people tell you a system thats crazy and puts stress on you so you dont enjoy the hobby have fun and happ reefing =)

masterbuilder
i do about 1.5 like every 2 weeks been doing that for a long time and fine some of my other tanks i done once a month depends on how much fisf you have how often you feed and your filtration there people on this website that have gone 1-2 months and have no problems at all its ( Really what you can do in your time and budget that you feel is good for your tank ) dont let people tell you a system thats crazy and puts stress on you so you dont enjoy the hobby have fun and happ reefing =)

Please...take a breath. I got dizzy reading that. :)

Archived