SaltCritters.com

Seabae Anemone

irish1028

Gents,

My False percula seems to have taken a liking to some of my corals. The percula does not seem to be damaging the coral other than scaring them back into their skeleton. I was thinking of adding an anemone to get him out of the coral. Any suggestions about species that could work within the nano--and also a species the percula may find attractive. I have a corner of my tank that is open and free.

As always thanks for the help and suggestions

Irish

I would recommend a BTA, they're much easier to keep than Seabae's.

Also, don't expect the Anemone to stay in your open corner, rarely do they end up where you want them. Anemone's move around until they find that perfect spot. Good luck!

I would search the forums on "anemone". You will find that they are not recommended for a number of reasons. They are considered an advanced animal to keep, and have a tendency to move around and zap your corals.

Some people have their false clowns hosting with power heards and heaters. While some have them hosting with mushrooms and feather dusters. Pretty much a false clown will host in what it wants to.

yeah pretty much those guys are hosting whores. chances are that if he's already hosting in you corals then fat chance getting him to host in any anenome you buy. so i'd just let him host where he wants to and forget the anenome as they should not be gotten for the sole purpouse of housing for clowns.

Archived