Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral advice for my tank

GobyMan

I am going to add some frags to my small nano, and was looking for good/bad experiences that people have had with various types on LPS and SPS.

My set up: 5 1/2 gallon w/ LS and LR and a Rio 50 for circulation. I am in the process of creating a spraybar which I will attach to the powerhead for a more non-linear flow. Lighting - well I am going to go with the 2 x 55 watt PC fixture I have, as it has not affected my temp too bad.

Current livestock, I have a TINY green bar goby, peppermint shrimp and janitor staff in place. Coral wise I have some GSP, some button polyps, two small mushrooms and a very small frag of galaxea. (the sweepers have no presented a problem as of yet.)

Also, is there anyone online that specializes in small frags for nano's? One of my LFS has a nice selection of smaller frags, but I could always use multiple sources.

Thanks!

Any of the montipora digitata's should be a great one to start with.

FWIW, I've paid for less than half of the corals that I have--the rest have been donated or traded for with other area reefers.

I would sugjest montipora aswell. You'll have extreemly intence light over that tank that could bleach most i fnot all softies and LPS.

Archived