Innovative Marine Aquariums

1 filter 2 filter, red filter, blue filter

matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler

so how much HOB filtration do most people get? i hear a ton of people talking about having 2 whispers [5-15 gal capacity] on a 10 gallon .. .. assuming there is no sump and the HOB is all you got next to the LR and LS

matt

I have one whisper 5-15 on a 5.5gl, as well as a 40 GPH fountain pump acting as a powerhead (faced at the back glass to help prevent a specific dead spot).

That's all I use, other than LR/LS. Might be adding a 10gl refugium sometime soon though.

Ug...

What size tank? There is no real need to run 2 when 1 could do it. A lot of us use a HO filter soley for circulation so no powerheads need to be used in the tank (like me). In that case some may choose to use 2 on larger nano tanks.

Some of us also only use the natural live rock and live sand as the only filter and, like mentioned above, use the HO filters only to circulate water. Some run skimmers, some run carbon, so nothing at all.

You'll get a array of answers....

Cameron

Good point Physh, if you want it for filtration, one will do. But if you're using it solely for cirulation with no other forms (i.e., powerheads and SCWDs), multiple is the way to go. HTH

matt the fiddler

sumbel- i too use a fountain pump for my power head.. the only thing that worries me is once i add swimming livestock, is that the intake grates aren't as protected as some of the other ""real" aquarium products out there- do you think there will be any problem with fish or inverts getting the big suck?

or turning the output level down might be an idea..

i thought that was what the deal was with the whispers.. physh- i thought i said 10 gallon... lol i think my freshwater fish are getting a little jealous.. they normally get my attention..:P and i have this habit of saving the best stuff for my saltwater.

and to think- i used to make fun of the people in the 80's that were gullible enough to get that pet rock thing.. "i have an idea.. it is called a jump... to conclusions Matt.

matt

Archived