Top Shelf Aquatics

newbie question

regius34

what size does a tank need to be before it is no longer consiered a nano- reef. im new to this so im sorry if it sounds like a dumb question. i never knew that you could keep reefs in such small tanks. i was always under the assumption that they had to be at least 30 gal.

Chris Marks, our wonderful site admin has delcared that 20 and under is considered a nano, but it really does have it's arguements either way. My opinion is 30 and under. Sorry Chris. (ilu)

the demarcation point is really subjective imo. for instance, a 10g with a 20g sump and 5g refugium starts muddying the definition lines. when do nanos become picos? when do picos become femtos?

as long as i find the question interesting or the possible answers contributive, i'll try and answer it. doesn't matter to me whether it's a 5g, 20g, 40g, or 90g. i think many people here feel similarly.

AnthonyNguyen

True True, if u post , and if i knew the answer to it, i'll do the same, answer your question for free...hehe jp...any way, Liquid , his 2.5 G is stunning ...if u hit the research button, u'll find it out. to me, any thing under a 20 G is nano. and any thing else above 20G ...there a site call ..www.central reef.com, u might wanna check it out!

Archived