Innovative Marine Aquariums

New AIO - AQUAEL ReefMAX (With Pics)

TJ_Burton

ahhh....so you borrowed a tank just to look at? thats like taking a girl home just to talk :P

Well I got to take it all apart and photograph it, so I guess it's like taking a girl home for a playboy photoshoot. ;) lol

You know what, I would be really tempted to actually leave the SLR reflector in there, and put two rows of ten 3w LEDs in there. You could use the LEDs as your daylight, and then use the three HOT5's as actinics, maybe a 420nm, 470nm, and a Fiji Purple.

That would be pretty baller.

Love the tang. AIO marketing rule number one: Put more fish than anyone could successfully keep in your tank, sell sell sell

reefmax_statuetka(2).jpg

its photoshopped into the tank

so 700-800 for this thing? send me 3.......

not

If it were comparable in price to a nanocube or biocube I think it would do well. It's just way overpriced for what it actually is.

its photoshopped into the tank

All AIO product photos are shopped. Rarely do you see a real shot of anything anymore. Bothers me for some reason.

All AIO product photos are shopped. Rarely do you see a real shot of anything anymore. Bothers me for some reason.

Maybe because it shows that the company is too lazy to get someone with the smallest bit of talent to set up a successful reef aquarium using their totally amazing product to prove what it is capable of; instead they just photoshop an unrealistic "ideal" reef aquarium that no person will keep successfully.

It's almost like, I don't know... false advertising?

not enough of a footprint, thumbs down

Yeah, aquascaping so it doesn't turn out to be a rock wall would be a challenge. I personally love deep footprints. 30x18xtall 24x18xtall kind of stuff.

• 5 months later...

Hello all

I have not been on here for a long time... i was seduced away by bigger tanks which were cool for a time, however big halides and brutal turn over make for major evaporation which has ruined our little house.. Mrs Pimp got p!ssed at me and said it was time for the tank to go....

I had a mass spawning event which upset my RBTA, which to cut a long story short ended real bad... i lost 90% of my stock and the will to live :( my tank was ticking over but i just couldnt muster the enthusiasm for it... i stripped it down the other day and got really sad about it, then started looking at some photos of the lurvley things i had... well i managed to negotiate a nano... with certain caviats put in place by SWMBO, must be neat , must be hooded (mega evaporation is NOT an option), must not take over my life again

ok so to start i was thinking 12gallon nanocube, bit i do like to see some fish swimming.. so then i though 24 gallon, then i thought id i am going 24 gallon i might as well go redsea max....the RSM is a bit too big for the space i have allocated...

Then i found the reefmax.... it ticks all the boxes for me... it fits perfectly into the alcove i am going to house it in...good lighting (i also have a set of parabolic reflectors that will fit with the 3 tubes and a full set of replacement tubes :) the controller and cooling are a bonus...

the rear sump has all kinds of possibilities.... at the moment i am thinking media baskets containing purigen, GFO and live rock rubble, then skimmer then in the return chamber adding a second baffle and putting in miricale mud and chaeto, reverse lighting it with a 1 watt white led

or

some sort of ULNS using the media baskets for carbon and NP biopellets and possibly some zeolite if i can work out a way of agitating it , maybe a powerhead on a timer and lots of live rock rubble

i have saved some nice bits of rock from my old tank, i have cleaned it and had to dry it out, my house is so small i just dont have the space to keep rock going in vats, i plan to play with the rock to get the structure i want then pin it together with acrylic rod and aquascape putty then use some fresh fuji ultra, pod cultures and grunge to reseed and a heavy dose of prodibio or ultrabio to kick off the bacterial populations

I donk know if the stock skimmer will be up to much (doubt it) so i am looking at something by nanoreefsystems to replace it (though if you guys have suggestions of better i would welcome them...must go in the chamber, HOB isnt an option...

the flow i would assume will insuddicient.. if that is the case i will maybe look at the ecotech np10. i think the stock t5ho will be cool for now once fitted with parabolics, if i find them to be lacking i will supplement with aquarays or similar...

i am intending to go for mostly LPS (acans, blastos, eupillias echinos, cats etc) with some nice zoos and rics though i am sure a bit of sps will creep in at some point, stocking... at the moment i am thinking potters angel, helfrichi firefish, yasha and candystripe pair, a perc if parameters stay good maybe a rainfords....

i will take pics and post them from time to time for your critique

i am finding it kinda ironic that only by breaking up a system has my enthusiasm been reignited B)

Archived