Coral Vue Hydros

a miniMonster is born

minimonsterLED

minimonsterLED

Just added a Toms Dive Clean, without the clean part. without the filter attachment it's an itty biity 47gph powerhead. And i sucked out a bunch of flatworms with a makeshift FW sucker! :). Pics comming after the weekend.

• 1 month later...
minimonsterLED

New Pics:

The Colors suck in these pics, just imagine everything more vibrant!

newcoraL%20008.JPG

PIcs%20005.JPG

newcoraL%20007.JPG

yellow w/ blue polyp monti (it's my "high light" experiment coral...i'm hoping it will color up)

PIcs%20010.JPG

dirty glass FTS

• 3 weeks later...
minimonsterLED

New Frags from Morgan(reef gardener) have arrived, and are starting to open up:

Some kind of Green PEs and Carnation Palys (need to color back up!):

031.JPG

Orange Delights:

014.JPG

The will be Bleeding suns when they decide to open up:

025.JPG

The Old Stuff:

Garnet and Gold Palys that i like to call "Bobby Bowdens" (7 new Polyps in a month!):

032.JPG

My Favorite: Neon Green, Purple and Yellow Prism Favia (Growing tissue, but no skeleton)

030.JPG

• 1 month later...
minimonsterLED

Officially, this tank has been up 4 months and here's where it gets dicey.

Attack of the critters:

I still have MINIMAL algae growth on the glass. I have found my tank grows Colonista snails pretty efficiently. If only those were the only little critters popping up. I noticed its been month since my newest colony of Zoanthinds have opened. so i did a little flashlight hunting last night, and i see the tiniest little claw grabbing at the polyp colony. Seeing as I've never seen this colony in its full beauty, i didn't think I'd miss it if it died, so i submerged the frag in an isolation tank (Tupperware) filled with freshwater and started picking at where i saw the claw, doing minor if any damage to the mat, steering clear of the polyps. The Tiniest crab floated off into the water, too small to photograph, unfortunately. I put the polyps back in the tank, the polyps respond to my flash light, so I think they'll be okay.

If only that was my biggest problem. At the very same time, i noticed that i have a Purple Montipora Cap that was starting to recede in one area. upon closer inspection...I find everyone's favorite SPS munching Nudibranchs. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with them, maybe i'll fresh water dip them too. but i guess this is the lesson i learn from not Quarantining. I just wanted to let you all in on the progess (??) of my tank :(

Archived