inTank Media Baskets

Reef Pods

juniormmm

I just noticed the Reef Pods in the bag that you're carrying on your site now. I was just wondering if these will be a limited product or will you always have these in stock?

it depends on the reaction we get from them. they are selling fast, but I have always had lukewarm feelings about it, and think that there are better, (less expensive), ways of seeding a tank with pods. 100-300 pods is nothing really, in a well established system you should have hundreds multiplying everyday. This is one of those products we started carrying because of customer demand, and we are trying to keep the price pretty reasonable. I looked around and it seems we have the cheapest price on them, (especially with discounts etc...), but the customer's reaction will dictate if they stay on.

Orphicdragon

We have these local,(Vero distributor right?) and they cost me between 12-15$ depending on which LFS I end up at. I dump 3-5 bags a week (at night) and I have zero population cuz they are eaten too darn fast lol. Your price is spot on :)

That said I have given up trying to *seed* my tank and I look at it as just another expense that comes with keeping seahorses healthy and happy.

I like this brand 'cuz it has a little cheato clump in it and I have yet to get a bag with any serious or noticeable dead pods (unlike the bottle I used to get). Will have to add some to my next snail order B)

We have these local,(Vero distributor right?) and they cost me between 12-15$ depending on which LFS I end up at. I dump 3-5 bags a week (at night) and I have zero population cuz they are eaten too darn fast lol. Your price is spot on :)

That said I have given up trying to *seed* my tank and I look at it as just another expense that comes with keeping seahorses healthy and happy.

I like this brand 'cuz it has a little cheato clump in it and I have yet to get a bag with any serious or noticeable dead pods (unlike the bottle I used to get). Will have to add some to my next snail order B)

Cool. 2-5 bags a week huh? Lets be friends! :lol:

Are you seeding the display? Why not try to seed a separate tank, or refugium? What kind of seahorses?

Orphicdragon
Cool. 2-5 bags a week huh? Lets be friends! :lol:

Are you seeding the display? Why not try to seed a separate tank, or refugium? What kind of seahorses?

I'm in the process of a refug (and yes, def. planning on reefcleaner mud) The AP24 doesn't make the refug thing easy :mellow: They are h.erectus ponies...but they eat more like fat little hogs.

I gotta fork over for some more snails with you soon cuz my hermits went on a Charlie Manson-Esq homicide spree last week. Nothing but shells left man *sniff*

I'm in the process of a refug (and yes, def. planning on reefcleaner mud) The AP24 doesn't make the refug thing easy :mellow: They are h.erectus ponies...but they eat more like fat little hogs.

I gotta fork over for some more snails with you soon cuz my hermits went on a Charlie Manson-Esq homicide spree last week. Nothing but shells left man *sniff*

i like erectus. while you establish your refuge, there are ghost shrimp to try, and of course their natural food source, shore shrimp. They are larger, and compared to pods a cheaper and better food source. I can teach you how to catch your own, when you get the hang of it you can catch them by the hundreds in an hour, you would need to be able to keep secrets though - and not compete with me. I have helped hobbyists go fishing a few times, and it always sort of backfires on me with few exceptions. If you are interested though let me know, I could also just grab up a bunch one day if the timing is right and then you can just have them. I used to love catching shrimp for my horses, but since they are always in the hunt, it can become a bit of a chore if the shrimp aren't separated from the erectus.

Orphicdragon

I get ghost shrimp but my male pony is too small for 'em. Its hard to get the smaller ones cuz the LFS doesn't wanna pick thru the tank for the small ones (I can't say as I blame them). I have like 4 ghost shrimp that have taken up permanent residence now.

As for teh fishing tips, I'm all about it :) I'm a little neurotic about my seahorses and shore shrimp would be b**chin'. I have no grand desire to compete with the invert master. I love inverts, but not enough to make a living fishing 'em out of hidey holes. I'm a Hialeah born Cuban so you knows I can keeps teh secrets :ninja: I keep meaning to go down to Sebastian and see what I can rustle up but the amount of people there this time of year....makes me very very cranky.

That said I would be happy to pay for 'em whenever you feel the need to deprive the waterways of a few. You don't have to let trade secrets out that way, and I have no problem pickin em up from you whenever you decide to snag a few. No, I don't want 'em free. I need to make sure my fav invert source stays around ;) (tho, I suspect these dern hermits will do that on their own. I swear they don't even bother with algae anymore, just eat snails all %$@# day :rant: )

time for those hermits to head back to the water huh? Ok cool, I am going to fall asleep now, but I can teach you how to do it, not sure of a spot in your area, I have one that is semi-close to you though, about half way. they come in all sizes, so some might be too big for the male, some small enough etc.. but once you know how to get them, it becomes very easy to get them year round, although some times anybody pulling a dip net through the water can catch them....

Archived