Coral Vue Hydros

Clam for Nano?

RJONGM

My 6 gal nano has been up for 6 months and doing beautifully.

With my 32 W Smartlite, do you think a clam will work? If so what kind and size? While I've got your attention, any thoughts on the potential use for reptile lights UVB/A over a reef? Curious since I keep turtles and it is important for them to synthesize for calcium growth.

(Sally Lightfoot, Fire Shrimp, Peppermint Shrimp, Red Star

Rainford's Goby, Green Striped Goby, Variety of Hermits and Snails

MG Frogspawn, Gr Star Polyps, Colony Polyps, Mushrooms, Candy Cane, Xenia, Sun Polyp, Finger Leather, Caleurpa, Halimeda)

Pretty dam nice tank. The picture quality doesn't do it justice I am sure. Anyhow, I would have to say no on the clam. I tried to keep a clam in my old nano that was the same size and under 27 watts pc and I had to take it back.

How long has that Rainford's been in there? Does he seem to sift the sandbed, or is it taking prepared foods?

Nice work on the Eclipse...mine is getting there.

We have had a squamosa under 32watts in our 7gallon Minbow for over 6 months now. Since your tank is more than likely stable, I would think that Squamosa would be ok in your tank.

Gil

The Rainford's the newest addition about 4 weeks. He has been eating some algae, but there's not a whole lot in there (maybe I should add tap water for changes), but he has also taken frozen mysis and brine. He sifts the sand continuously. There are a lot of critters in there - swimming, crawling and burrowing. Hopefully, I can keep him for awhile. The green striped goby has been in there all six months and is indestructible.

Gil, are you concerned about Squamosa's size?

Archived