Pod Your Reef

Sweeper Tentacles-Coral and Nanos

irish1028

Gents,

While looking for specimens to populate my nano I often read that certain species have sweeper tentacles and need plenty of room. Often times the description does not elaborate on what "plenty of room" means. Is it possible to sustain a small frag of frogspawn perhaps? or should these corals be left to our brothers and sisters with big tanks? Also anyone have a picture of a coral extending it's sweeper tentacles to give me a frame of reference?

As Always I appreciate your help and comments

Irish

it is possible to obtain a small frag of frogspawn, torch, hammer and other corals with sweepers. All you need to do is make sure that the water flow blows the sweepers away from the other corals.

I had a frog in my tank (vanished. whole coral gone. no idea what happened to it) that was smack in the middle of some other corals and never stung a thing. However, it fell a lot and when it fell it would sting the crap out of a plate coral (now dead).

It might be best to place the coral in a temporary spot and check it at night to see how much room is needed.

Archived