SaltCritters.com

Using RO water for First time today

Kietn23

Hey guys I need your help. I'm going to do something a little different today. I'm going to make 4 to 5 gallons of RO water today to perform my water change. I can create 8-10 gallons of RO in 10 minutes. For the past 4 months, I have been purchasing Petco Real Ocean water from Petco and I want to try saving money. However, I'm reluctant to do so because I don't want to change what my fish are use to.

Once I get the 4-5 gallons of RO water needed for my water change to suffice my Biocube 14 gallon, do I need to treat or add anything to the water before adding in my salt mix? Is it simply making sure that the salinity is right, ph is right...is there anything else?

Hey guys I need your help. I'm going to do something a little different today. I'm going to make 4 to 5 gallons of RO water today to perform my water change. I can create 8-10 gallons of RO in 10 minutes. For the past 4 months, I have been purchasing Petco Real Ocean water from Petco and I want to try saving money. However, I'm reluctant to do so because I don't want to change what my fish are use to.

Once I get the 4-5 gallons of RO water needed for my water change to suffice my Biocube 14 gallon, do I need to treat or add anything to the water before adding in my salt mix? Is it simply making sure that the salinity is right, ph is right...is there anything else?

How to change water

Wait a minute!

How are you making 8-10 gallons of RO in 10 minutes???

Thats 1400+ gallons per day. Thats a mighty big RO unit.

Most of us own 75 GPD RO or RO/DI units which make about 3 gallons per HOUR under ideal conditions.

I'd like to hear more about what you are using?

Making your own RO/DI and mixing you own new saltwater is a breeze. As long as you use a quality salt mix at the same specific gravity, temperature and pH as what they have been accustomed to they probably won't even know the difference.

Wait a minute!

How are you making 8-10 gallons of RO in 10 minutes???

Thats 1400+ gallons per day. Thats a mighty big RO unit.

+1

I'm a little suspicious that you might not be using the right kind of filter. I think you'll be pleased with RO mixed water over anything petco has to offer, let us know how your tank responds!

Archived