SaltCritters.com

16g Cube Update

scoopsfolks

Originally posted by Pigup

Maintenance?

I top off with RO/DI water once or twice a day and do weekly 2 gallon water changes. Daily 5ml dose of ESV B-Ionic #1 and #2. 10ml of phytoplankton or 4 times a week, and I feed the two fish (percula clown and royal gramma) 3 times a week.

I used to have a bunch of macro algae growing on one rock which helped keep the nitrates undetectable, but an emerald crab mowed through all that in a couple weeks. Now my nitrates are running about 2-3 ppm--not enough to get my knickers in a twist. I thought the crab had died last week, but it turns out he just molted.

The tank sits on top of a 2-drawer filing cabinet right next to my desk in my home office, so I get to watch the tank all the time. Much more interesting than the TV that used to be there (except when the Red Wings are playing).

Originally posted by cliffrouse11baseball

Those rics are awesome...Where did you get those at?

I got them on eBay. Quite the bargain, too. $32+shipping for all the ricordia except the three tiny green ones in the sand at the bottom middle of the tank. The $32 included the rhodactus and gorgonian in the upper right corner of the tank.

Archived