Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brown Algae help

Michaelangelo

I have an aquapod 24, its been set-up since late June, I have two koralia nano's and a y return pump. I do weekly 4 gallon water changes, and i have a fuge, and use chemi-pure elite, and also have a 200 penguin filter.

All corals are great, water clarity is great, I do have a lot of frags on the bottom sand because i don't know where i want to put them yet, so what is the problem? I do have temp fluc's every day goes from 80-82 sometimes 84 depending if my AC is on.... My MH bulb could be old because i did set this tank back up after a year of nothing. What are your thoughts? Is it just a young tank? Too many frags on the bottom? My flow is perfect for the corals i have, I would not want more flow, and the front of my tank i think get flow..... Here are pics

img1403x.jpg w640.png

You have either a nutrient problem or a lighting one or possibly both. Start with replacing the light bulb and cutting back on your feeding while at the same time looking for something that may have died and is polluting the tank or is a source of phosphates like high TDS in your RO water.

i do feed alot. like 10 pellets sometimes more, i try to make sure they eat it but ... Also when feeding corals all the mysis n cyclopeeze stays in water. you think thats it? I cut back the past cpl days, also it does show up when i turn light on

add anything new and plastic? or rock or sand etc... looks like diatoms, they feed off of bio-available silica, (so the silicates in your glass aren't dissolving and feeding them but something is) RO/DI? Maybe it is coming in from your tap.

I had that same problem and it was the temp changing with the ac in my room like you have and then the changing from summer to fall thats what happend to me....

Archived