Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yet another reason to love the NANO!

Vixyswillie

i would've been like jack, too stunned to move outta the way!:(

at least you finally salvaged it:rolleyes:

Vixyswillie

Thankfully, it wasn't me - merely an incredible story I came across during my often-side-tracked reef readings! :rolleyes:

Fishiebusiness

whoa, he was thoughtful enough to take pictures while his tank was pouring out gallons like crazy. I would have beeen tearing my hair out figuring out what to do.

NanoReefer53

he took the pics after he got a bucket under there.

heh heh, i remeber reading this like a year ago, after that, i was always paranoid about how hot MH's really get. :P

Once or twice I imagined what I would do in such a situation if my 24G burst...hmmm. I'd be there all frantically trying to save my corals. It would be an absolute nightmare.

I suppose there are many advantages of having a nano.

i remember when this happened to the 750 at my work. when i was cleaning the tank i watched the center brace crack and watched it move to the other side, however we did the smart thing and drained the tank half way to prevent the tank from cracking any further. this guy should have never tried to keep the tank full and repair it, it would have been much easier to fix. with our tank we ended up having to downsize to a 300 because 1 inch plexi isnt very readily available in large sizes.

Whoa, that's quite a story and I do not envy that guy! When I first got and set up my 150 gallon FW tank, I couldn't sleep at night because I kept panicking that it was going to break or collapse. Looks like I'm back to panicking after reading that story. Yikes! :eek:

Originally posted by FamousGuy

seriously, i would have just been standing there with my mouth open like a dumbass

ahahaha the same thing i would have done!

Archived