Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 10g w/ xenia forrest

cblack

Here are some pics of my 10g nano reef. So far I am enjoying the hobby. I would like to get some more color in the tank (other than pink!). If anyone has any suggestions of any kind I'd be happy to hear them.

Full tank pic, colors don't come out very well though...

tank2.jpg

Clownfish pic, kind of in a torch coral

puck.jpg

Clownfish closeup pic under some xenia

puckclose.jpg

C'est vrai! Ce n'est plus une jungle. Une grande quantité était fragged récemment.

I think we call it a "jungle" out of habit now. Besides, in a few more weeks it will be unruly once more and rightfully earn the title!

C'est la vie. ;)

Thanks for the tips Ox. I have looked at GSP, just need to find out where to get a good specimen and where to put it :)

We've added some Zoos that have some nice coloring but they don't show up well in the pic.

As for forest vs bush, perhaps that is correct. I have so far made about seven frags from the "bush" to try to keep it in check. It is attached to the glass on the back of the aqarium now too.

how's that poor little acro doing down there on the sand ?

with only 64W of PC's you might want to move that guy a little closer to the lights.

-skeletor-

It is actually 72W of PC although only 36W of it is 10k light (other half is actinic, I don't know how much that matters). It seems like the acro is doing well, but I've never seen this specimin in another tank. The reason I think it is doing well is because it extends its little green polyps pretty far and they are a nice green.

Just last night I found a broken off piece (I think it was a falling snail, idunno) and glued that to a rock up closer to the light. You can see the bit that broke off in the center of the tank in one of the pics above. I will see how it does in comparison to the one on the sandbed.

I have also started a new, more regular supplement regimen using Ocean's Blend which is a two-part buffer containing minerals other than just Ca/Alk.

Maybe I'll post for some acro advice/guidelines in another forum :)

Originally posted by cblack

As for forest vs bush, perhaps that is correct. I have so far made about seven frags from the "bush" to try to keep it in check. It is attached to the glass on the back of the aqarium now too.

I'd say you have the beginnings of a forest. Here's my forest. :) I'd definitely keep fragging it and watch out for the xenia on the back of the tank. It might end up looking like this at the surface:

Hi Res. I've had quite a few stalks burned brown by coming up and out of the water (prior evap being made up) and then burned/dried and then shedding the dead tissue when resubmerged/moved off the glass.

Archived