SaltCritters.com

Good LFS in BC?

jay2k2

Anyone know of any good fish stores in the Vancouver/ tri-city area of British Columbia Canada? i know of the FOllowing

Rated best to worst

1. J & L Aquatics

2. King Ed's Pet Supply

3. Perky Pets

4. Big Al's Aquarium services

5. Aquriums West

6. PetCetera

anyone else know of any?

Son Of Skyline
Originally posted by samw

PetCetera made your list of good fish stores???  

1, 2, and 4 are the only ones I've bought stuff from.

I've purchased fish at Petcetera and they turned out to be very healthy and hardy. They may not be the most knowledgable there, but much of the livestock there are in better shape than I've seen at King Ed.

i never buy fish at PetCetera what one did you buy from?

when i go there if i ever do i see that the prices are WAY! too high and that fish are usally dead or going to die.

the only thing i have ever bought from there was 4 neon tetras and they all died within a month (FW)

Son Of Skyline
Originally posted by jay2k2

i never buy fish at PetCetera what one did you buy from?

when i go there if i ever do i see that the prices are WAY! too high and that fish are usally dead or going to die.

the only thing i have ever bought from there was 4 neon tetras and they all died within a month (FW)

I bought from the one on Grandview Hwy. Well, I haven't bought anything there for over 2 years so maybe the quality has declined since then. As far as price though, I was at the Richmond Petcetera not too long ago and some of their fish prices were much cheaper than King Ed.

Don't get me wrong though, I like King Ed Pets. They helped me get started in the hobby, and my girlfriend and I even bought our kitten there last month.

My first choice for dry goods is still J&L.

J&L is by far the cheapest and best store that i know of in the lowermain land! i buy all my stuff from there becuase it is about a 5 min drive!

Archived